Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crab Cups


I could probably eat Chinese food every day for the rest of my life and be completely happy.  There’s something so satisfying to me about pot stickers, crispy wantons and the whole spectrum of veggies, sauces, meats and stir-fries.  One of my favorite Chinese-American appetizers is the crab puff.  I made countless attempts to recreate them at home and this recipe is my perfected result.  My crab cups are sweet and tangy and baked instead of fried.  



8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. imitation crab, chopped into fine pieces
2 green onions, whites only, finely diced
2 t. Sugar
2 t. rice wine vinegar
Cooking spray
Wonton Wrappers

Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab and green onion.  In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and rice wine vinegar and stir until sugar has almost dissolved.  Add the sweet vinegar to the crab mixture.  Combine. 

Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and press a wonton wrapper into each impression.  Place a spoonful of the crab mixture to each wrapper and bake until the wanton tips are golden brown.  Serve them with sweet and sour sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment