Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl XLVI :: Grape Jelly Meatballs


As many of you know, I’m not a huge fan of football.  I have a hard time watching 3 second plays and then 4 minutes of commentary and recap.  But, I am a fan of football players, the camaraderie that the game creates, and most of all, parties.  And a Super Bowl party is no exception. This year, Sean and I will watch the game (cough, the commercials) with a few friends and I will do some cooking.  

While visiting in Ohio this year, Sean’s dad Tony turned me on to these delicious and ridiculously easy meatballs.  Sean’s nephew Tré devours them…and actually, so do I.  They are sweet and smoky and the perfect addition to our Super Bowl Party this year.  Feel free to add some Smoked Paprika and Chipotle Chile Pepper to add a bit of spice.  


Frozen Meatballs, thawed
Equal parts BBQ Sauce and Grape Jelly
Smoked Paprika and Chipotle Chile Powder, to taste (optional)


Heat a large skillet or crockpot over medium low heat. Add each ingredient and toss to combine. The grape jelly will begin melt into the BBQ to form a smooth and silky sauce. Stir the meatballs occasionally to make sure they are well coated and not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low. The longer you cook the sauce, the thicker it will get.


No comments:

Post a Comment