Friday, June 1, 2012

Filo Cups with Goat Cheese, Honey & Black Pepper

Tonight, I’m showing a painting at the Art Institute’s Artisan Gallery in downtown Phoenix.  It’s been a VERY long time since I’ve shown my art anywhere, so I’m pretty excited!!  The painting is one I’ve been working on for over a year, so it’s about time that I finished it.  It is inspired by a beautiful friend of mine from Flagstaff: Katrina. 
 
To celebrate, I thought I’d post a special cocktail party appetizer that I think pairs perfectly with a night of galleries, artwork and creativity.  These "cups of gold" are some of the simplest things you can make, and some of the most sophisticated.  They are crunchy and creamy with a delicate combination of unique flavors. 


1/2 packet of filo dough, cut into 3” squares
Melted butter
Soft Goat Cheese
Honey of your choice (I like orange blossom)
Cracked Black Pepper, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Place one layer of the filo dough in each depression of a mini muffin pan.  Brush each square with some of the melted butter.  Lay another piece of filo on top and repeat until you have at least 3 layers of filo brushed with melted butter (5 layers for regular sized muffin cups).  Next, scoop a half-tablespoon of goat cheese into each filo cup.  Freckle with less than a pinch of cracked black pepper.  Place the filo cups in the oven and bake until they are golden brown, about 6 minutes.  Lightly drizzle with honey*.

*If you drizzle the cups with honey before baking, it can interfere with how the filo crisps.

Feel free to fill the cups with an herbed goat cheese for even more flavor.



  
 ~ PAiNTiNG ~
En Attendant, acrylic & newspaper on canvas

Art Institute Artisan Gallery
610 E. Roosevelt, Unit 144
PHX


No comments:

Post a Comment