Monday, July 9, 2012

Harley's Italian Bistro

Recently, my friend Kelsey, and Sean and I went to a brilliant Italian restaurant called Harley’s Italian Bistro.  We had a great dinner before visiting several art galleries for First Friday.  The restaurant was quaint and comfortable with bold colors and uhhhh-mazing food!  The servers and owners are friendly and welcoming and provide a fabulous dining experience.  I particularly liked the mason jars full of fresh herbs throughout the restaurant that gave the decor a charming, 'home-grown' touch.  

For dinner, I ordered bowtie pasta with disks of sweet Italian sausage, topped with mushrooms, onion and red peppers drenched in a luscious and creamy Gorgonzola vodka sauce.  The sausage had great flavor, the veggies were fresh and wonderfully caramelized.  And the sauce was so heavenly that I've actually dreamt about it since tasting it.  Light and rich at the same time, and so completely infused with Gorgonzola, I couldn't have asked for anything more!



I loved it so much, I convinced Sean to take me again this weekend.  This time, we went for Sunday Brunch.  We had bottomless mimosas, a unique and scrumptious breakfast pizza and an Italian sformato, or tart, with brie, spinach and prosciutto.  We even ordered dessert!  I don't think I've ever ordered dessert after breakfast, but I'm going to do it all the time now.  I had been promised that Harley's version of Tiramisu was incomparable, and I have to say, it was pretty damn good!  I'd have another slice right now if I could.  


Harley's Italian Bistro is owned by three friends and they do a great job of creating a beautiful atmosphere, with truly impressive Italian food.  I thoroughly enjoyed both of our meals and experiences here and I’m dying to go back!  It might become our weekly remedy.  You’ll have to try this Italian gem for yourself and let us know what you think! 





Harley's Italian Bistro
4211 N. 7th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85013

(602) 243-0333

   www.harleysitalianbistro.com


No comments:

Post a Comment