Monday, August 13, 2012

Raspberry Sorbet with Pinot Noir Sauce

I don't know about you, but I have lists upon lists of recipes.  And by lists, I mean an exorbitant number of files and folders, pictures, links, URL's, ideas, ingredients, menus, magazines, etc.  It's ridiculous really!  Sometimes I scare myself.  If I removed all of the food-related documents from my computer, I don't think I'd have anything left.  I tell myself though, that one positive thing about all of these food-related paraphernalia is that I will truly never go hungry.  


Some of the ideas I keep stock-piled away, take a v-e-r-y long time to come to fruition on the blog.  This post is a perfect example of that long process.  I've had Raspberry Pinot Noir Sorbet on my mind for a couple years now - (crazy, I know!) - and it has finally made it's way through "the process" onto the blog.  Don't get me wrong - sometimes I will just run to the supermarket and buy it, but that really takes all the fun out of it.  

Process:  
        [idea spark]  +  [ingredients]  +  [sketch]  +  [experimental disaster]  +  [2nd attempt]  +  [plating perfection]  +  [photograph]  +  [excerpt/story]  =  acceptable blog post  


*2 spelling mistakes - goes to show how long perfection really takes ;)

For some reason, I've never been a huge ice cream lover.  I'll have the occasional scoop with birthday cake or an affogato on a special occasion, but I'd much rather have gelato (less heavy cream & fat) or sorbet.  I like the texture of these much better as well as the fresh fruit flavors.  Today's recipe pairs sweet raspberry sorbet with the rich flavors of Pinot Noir and chocolate.  It's a refreshing and seductive combination of flavors.  

The sauce is a bit thin, so I may work with it a bit more to thicken it up, but the flavors are wonderful!


Store-bought raspberry sorbet
Pinot Noir, cheap bottle is fine as long as you'd drink it
1 T. Berry jam or preserves
Melted chocolate, for garnish

In a small sauce pan, combine 1 C. Pinot Noir with the jam or preserves.  Bring this mixture to a boil and allow to reduce by half.  Set aside and allow to cool.

Drizzle your melted chocolate on your plate making sure to close off whatever shape you choose, so that the sauce can stay inside the chocolate.  Place a scoop of the sorbet on top.  


No comments:

Post a Comment