Tuesday, January 29, 2013

7 Game Day Favorites

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  Football’s not really my thing.  BUT, planning the food for a party based around football?  That I can do.  I’ve collected some of my choice finger foods from the past year or so and compiled them here for an easy guide to game day favorites.  Make one of them or all of them and your party is sure to be a touchdown, no matter who wins the game!

Click on the food titles to see the recipes!

Pretzel Dogs
(this recipe is at the bottom of the page)

Potato-wrapped meatballs from Holland



 with Chipotle Aioli


Chili is a must.  I had it growing up.  I made it for my Super Bowl parties in college.  It's so easy to have a big pot of chili on the stove.  People can help themselves, it's very casual and it's perfect for a cold, February day.

 .      .      .      .      .


Pretzel Dogs

Head back to childhood with these fun, crunchy, chewy and satisfying pretzel-wrapped hot dogs.  


1 tube of pretzel or breadstick dough (found in the refrigerated section near the cinnamon rolls)
Your favorite kind of precooked hot dogs or polish sausage (I like Nathan's or Hebrew National)
Course Salt
Ketchup & Mustard

Preheat the oven to 350.  Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. 

Open the pretzel dough and separate the pieces.  Take one strip of pretzel dough and slowly twirl it around one of the hot dogs.  You may need to stretch it a little bit to reach the end of the hot dog.  Place on the cookie sheet.  Repeat the process with each of the other hot dogs. 

Some of the pretzel dough directions say to brush the tops with egg wash or water.  I find that it’s not necessary, but feel free if you have some egg handy. 

Sprinkle each hot dog with course salt for looks and make sure it sticks to the dough.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with ketchup, mustard or your favorite condiments. 





No comments:

Post a Comment